Thermal Spray Operator
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Thermal Spray Operator
Build an Aviation Career You're Proud Of
Build your career with integrity by working at a company that
doesn't just treat you like a number. You'll get the tools to do
things right in a clean and safe work environment and the trust to
fix any issue that comes your way. Our on-the-job training and team
of experts mean you'll be set up for success.
Take charge of our day-to-day operations, so we remain the trusted
source for aviation repair and maintenance. Work with your team to
implement the right processes and practices across our organization
to help ensure flight and product efficiency.
As a Thermal Spray Coating Technician, you'll set-up and operate
spray systems to apply Thermal Spray coatings to parts.
What you'll do:
- Selects, prepares and mixes solutions or coatings according to
formulas and specifications and creates spray recipes and sequences
- Plans, develops, writes, revises, documents, tests, implements
and controls programs for robots as applicable.
- Operates blasting equipment to clean and prepare the surface of
materials and components.
- Prepares and masks parts with fixtures, rubber, tape, tafa,
antibond or metal masks prior to coating.
- Sets up and operates various types of manual, semi-automatic
and/or robotic spray systems to apply substances to parts.
- Sets bake/cure oven controls for correct temperature and
records time on process charts.
- Removes masking, cleans overspray and washes parts.
- Inspects surfaces visually for defects and compliance with
specifications using micrometers, calipers, elcometers,
profilometers, or related devices prior to and after applying
- Cleans and maintains spray/coating equipment, fixtures and
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks
endorsements for those skills as needed to support production
- Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple
skills endorsements as needed to support production
- Participates in the cross training of other technicians as
needed to support production requirements.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements
and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
The skills you will use:
- Attainment of applicable internal process stamp(s).
- Proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
- Working knowledge of related company instructions, company
processes, reworks process instructions, original equipment
manufacturer manuals and MSDS labels.
- Working knowledge of production management computer system and
other related internal control systems.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately
25% of the average work day.
- Regularly required to sit and/or stand for prolonged
- Must be an U.S. Citizen
Benefits that make life better:
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- 401(k) with 100% company match; up to 5% vested
- Paid Time Off starting on day one
- Bonus opportunities
- Health- & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Learning & Training opportunities
When you work at StandardAero, you're not just an employee, you're
part of a vibrant company of like-minded people, all working
collaboratively towards the same goals. We succeed as a team
because we value the unique contributions and perspectives of all
of our people, fostering a culture of collaboration and excellence.
It's a culture that promotes mutual respect and effective
communications to create an environment of stability, shaping the
organization and forging a successful future. Our goal is to be the
best place to work, giving each and every employee the opportunity
to reach their maximum potential through continuous learning and
advancement opportunities, allowing all team members to exceed
their potential and empower everyone's success.
StandardAero is one of the world's largest independent providers of
services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and
overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior
completions and paint applications. The company is a global
enterprise that employs nearly 7,000 employees worldwide with
annual revenues exceeding $4 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse
array of customers in business and general aviation, airline,
military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company
celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
StandardAero is owned by Carlyle, a global investment firm with
deep industry expertise that deploys private capital across four
business segments: Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global
Credit and Investment Solutions.
Raising the Standard of Excellence since 1911
With over a century of proven excellence, StandardAero has become
an industry leader in MRO services and customized solutions in the
aerospace field. Our shared values and learning-based culture
inspire our team to exceed their potential and power our customers'
missions worldwide. With on-the-job training, advancement
opportunities, and excellent benefits, StandardAero invites you to
experience a fulfilling and meaningful career with us.
Inclusivity Is Our Standard
StandardAero offers equal employment opportunities for all. Our
supportive environment celebrates diversity with no room for
harassment or discrimination of any kind. We invite you to bring
your authentic self to our team and experience our welcoming
Keywords: StandardAero, Kettering , Thermal Spray Operator, Other , Wilmington, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!