Help Desk in Columbus, OH
Posted on: September 20, 2023
HelpDesk Essential Functions: Helpdesk provides
technical support and assistance to customers using computer
hardware, standard desktop applications or software applications.
Associates perform troubleshooting and conduct problem
determination to identify problem source and resolve as possible
within the Service Center.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming client and customer calls.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware issue via phone.
- Train end users in the use of equipment and software.
- Acquire and maintain expert knowledge of emerging desktop
technologies and software applications.
- Fully document all cases in call tracking software and escalate
to appropriate queue.
- Escalate support call to supervisor as necessary.
- Assume ownership of project-related tasks as needed or
- Act as liaison between clients or customers and other IT
organizations or external IT vendors.
- Maintain and seek knowledge about current industry-wide support
practices and the potential impact on the support business.
Position Requirements: Education or Equivalent - Degree in
Computer Science, MIS or related field. Minimum two years related
- Microsoft Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP
- Microsoft standard desktop applications including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Exchange, Visio
- Demonstrated experience supporting customer interactions and
- Troubleshooting knowledge of PC hardware issues including modems,
monitors, printers, hard drives, PDAs
- Experience supporting database software such as Fox Pro
- Experience supporting proprietary software applications
- Fundamental understanding of networking including Novell, NT,
TCP/IP, WINS, DNS
- Troubleshooting web browsers and security settings
- Using AS/400 applications
Physical/Mental Requirements: - Ability to react to dynamic
industry and rapid changes in information technology - Flexibility
and adaptability - Ability to maintain customer focus in the midst
of difficult circumstances - Ability to manage multiple priorities
in a fast-paced environment
Work Environment: Standard business work environment. Some
after hours and weekend work as needed to meet business needs. The
organization is a very fast-paced, changing environment. This
position requires decision-making capabilities, superior customer
service skills, and the ability to work independently. Sensitivity
to accuracy, timeliness, and professionalism in all areas of
support activity is imperative. Patience, tolerance, and
flexibility are very important traits for an individual assuming
this role. Strong interpersonal skills are a necessity. Flexibility
to work on a varied shift schedule.
Keywords: , Kettering , Help Desk in Columbus, OH, IT / Software / Systems , Dublin, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!